Invisalign Doctors Near Me
Invisalign Doctors Near Me | Invisalign is very simple and effective in straightening teeth. But it is not a completely passive system. There are some things that you need to be doing to ensure that your Invisalign aligners are well cared for while they straighten your teeth.
And if you’re wondering if Invisalign doctors near me can help if my aligners are lost or damaged, they definitely can.
Maintaining Your Aligners
One of the most important aspects of Invisalign treatment is that your aligners must be cleaned. Even though they will be eventually disposed of, normally every two weeks, they still need cleaning. If you don’t clean them, you will be left with a dirty or smelly set of aligners every day.
Clean or Rinse?
When it comes to Invisalign doctors near me aligners, cleaning and rinsing are two different things. Although your aligners may appear a bit cleaner after you rinse them, you still haven’t addressed any accumulation of bacteria that is invisible to the naked eye.
Take the following steps to clean your aligners regularly:
- Rinse your aligners using water every night.
- Brush using a soft-bristled brush and gentle liquid soap for the removal of food particles that may have accumulated.
- After brushing, rinse thoroughly.
- Store your aligners in their case when not in use.
How often should I clean my aligners?
Clean your aligners every night. A good time is the same time that you are brushing and flossing your teeth. This ensures that any food debris and bacteria will not build up on them.
If your Invisalign aligners appear visibly dirty, like when you may drink a dark-colored beverage, clean them as soon as possible.
It is also a good idea to clean your aligners every time you remove them. If you fail to clean your aligners, they can become discolored, and clarity is one of the main advantages of the Invisalign doctors near me system. You also don’t want to get bad breath!
Are there any cleansers that I should avoid?
Yes. Some types of cleansers can damage your aligners, including:
- Denture cleaner
- Mouthwashes containing alcohol
- Scented soaps
- Many types of toothpaste, particularly those that contain abrasives
You should also avoid soap that has added dyes that could stain your aligners.
Use the following tips to ensure that your aligners remain clean and free of bacteria.
- Always remove your aligners when you eat. This prevents the accumulation of food particles and damage to your aligners.
- Drink only water when your aligners are in place so that they do not become stained.
- Do not clean your trays using very hot water, as it could warp the plastic.
- Store your aligners after cleaning in an airtight container to prevent the growth of bacteria.
Is there anything else that you would like to know about how to clean and maintain your Invisalign aligners? We are always available to answer your questions or to schedule an appointment for you for any of our dental services. Contact us at 703-860-9854. Invisalign doctors near me can help!